www.fantic-chopper.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dutch TX131

2 posters

Go down

Dutch TX131 Empty Dutch TX131

Post  KJ Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:01 pm

First I'll better introduce myself;
I'm KJ, age 42 from Holland.
Couple years ago I saw a Fantic Chopper in the shed of a mate.
It had been standing there for several years and he just liked the looks.
Couple of weeks ago he rang me to telle me to pick up the bike, for he needed the space for his Chevy Van.

So that's were I started investigating about that bike. Found out it was a 125ccm TX131 registrated at 12-07-1974.
Need a lot of parts to get it on the road again... also saw here a bike in equal state that looks brand-new now.

How about the availibility of spare-parts... would need a complete engine for this has been standing without a spark-plug Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KJ
Barzago
Barzago

Back to top Go down

Dutch TX131 Empty Re: Dutch TX131

Post  Admin Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:32 am

Thanks for puting up the pictures of your bike , you came to the right place to get the old girl up and running again . Im sure we can help you in any way we can , your bike is no worse than what mine was at the beginning Cool
Admin
Admin
Fantic Kev
Fantic Kev

https://fanticchopper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KJ Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:38 am

I had never seen the 125 before, thought that a firm called "De Wit from Groningen" (nearby) had once in 1974 imported 320pcs of the 50ccm.

I happen to know a former employee of that specific firm but couldn't reach him until now.
Maybe he can inform me about specific things lik how many 125 were brought to Holland etc.

Don't know what to do with the bike, restore or sale, for I'm realy more into the 50ccm of KREIDLER: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Am owner of 13pcs of that brand, besides that a NORTON Domminator (1960) HONDA CB500 (1976) SUZUKI SP370 Caféracer (1979)

Because of the doubt the questions about spareparts availibility and new parts.
Didn't come across that in the last year... on for instance Ebay or so...

In case of sale...wouldn't know what's a fair price would be...besides that its a rare and seldom seen bike.

KJ
Barzago
Barzago

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:02 am

I would say around 600 - 800 pounds in the condition it is in , might be worth more as parts .
Admin
Admin
Fantic Kev
Fantic Kev

https://fanticchopper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KJ Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:53 am

I'll get little respons and less information about the TX131 or where to buy spare's. pale
Decided to sell it and continue with my 2stroke Kreidlers only.

For anyone that might be interested: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

KJ
Barzago
Barzago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down